Friday, November 22, 2013

Week #3: The MTC

Hello My amazing Family!!!!

    I cannot believe that I already get to write again. I cannot even begin to catch up with all of you! You are all just so busy doing so many great things for people. I have the best family in the whole world! Life just flies here at the MTC!! It is crazy how much happens in such a short amount of time. This week has been amazing. We ended our TRC investigators last week. Lawanna ended up being sick so we were unable to continue teaching her, however we ran into her at the cafeteria last Saturday and she completely broke character and said , " Ya'll were the best missionaries, seriously. Ya'll are gonna miss me so much and think about me." It was so sweet and we just laughed and talked about everything. It was so great to see her and her story is all true. She moved here for cancer treatments and got visited by the missionaries and eventually got baptized. She does not have any family and got put in foster care her whole life so she is so thankful for the truth and family ward that she has. She is amazing and an amazing example to all of us that we are so blessed with different trials for different reasons. She said that she would go through everything all over again if that meant the only way for her to find the truth. She is such a humble lady and we have a deep love for her. We got a picture with her that I will send next week. As for Sarah, our schedule got all mixed up so I have not been able to talk to her at lunch anymore, but I did see her this week and told her that I had finished Genesis and she said, "What?? You are really reading the bible?? Bless your heart." I could tell she was so touched that I listened to her concerns. Next time I see her I am going to make sure that I take a picture and get her email so I can stay connected. I can see a light growing within her since the first time that I saw her. She loves being here around the "nice young men and young ladies." I am excited to watch the miracle happen in her life. 

Our Elders left for New Zealand on Monday. We miss them a lot but know that they are doing so much good for the people there. We ended our regular MTC training on Tuesday. We said our last goodbyes to Brother Boddy and Sister Knowlten our amazing teachers. It was so sad. We just love them so much. Sister DeBoer came and visited me this week! It was so great to see her! I also saw Hyrum Bawlzer who works here now too! I want to see Sister Bishop ( aka Natalie Davis) before I go so if anyone talks to her let her know I am in 4m on the 4th floor until I leave Tuesday! I have no idea how else to get a hold of her! Wednesday was an insane day! So much goodness going on. We started out the day going to Temple Square and getting a tour and then we had class all day. Sister Larson and I are Sister Training leaders now so that has been a humbling and fun experience. We get to help the new missionaries every Wednesday night with the Zone Leaders Elder Perez, Elder Gamble and Elder Pickett (Super humble elders and great to work with). We also have a lot of councils on Sunday with the Branch Presidency and on Saturdays we do interviews with all of the sisters in our zone. We have 16 sisters in our zone and 24 elders. We love it! they are all great! This Wednesday we got 4 new sisters who are going to Australia and England and we got 12 new elders.  One of them is from South Africa and has some great stories and a picture of her walking a cheetah! They have already taught us a lot about just being happy and loving life while serving a mission. We gave a tour to them after. For Visitor Center Training we answer chats on mormon.org for about 2-3 hours each day and holy moly that has been such a testimony builder. So many people are inspired to just click that sight, and we are ALWAYS busy answering questions. We work with our companion and we are all linked within the chat. We also get to answer phone calls for the mormon.org number. It is a great opportunity because there are so many people just looking for certain answers that will help strengthen their testimony!! It has been so humbling and we love it! There are so many amazing people in this training with us from all over the world. Most of them will be going to Temple Square from their missions. 

Saturday we get a new companion from Temple Square and we get to give tours all night there. That will be a great experience. I have seen a lot more people that I know Mckenzie Zenger, Sam Noorda, Daniel Sprier, Sister Knox ( from Murfreesboro, Chantry's sister!) etc... They all look great! I go to San Diego Tuesday morning! I am so excited, it will be such an amazing opportunity to be on this side of Transfers! I have always just watched them and now I get to be that missionary. When I talk about it to my companion I start to cry because I know how powerful that experience is. Wow I cannot wait to go serve!! I am so blessed to have such a great support at home. I have the best 9 siblings in the whole world and I love you all so much and I am so thankful for your examples to me and that we will get to live together forever because we all know that it is real and there for us. I love you all so much. I wish I could write more, but just know that I love you all so much. I know that the Plan of Salvation is real and that  this earth life is so small, yet SO essential! Everything we do here will affect where we go and what we learn and where our future families will be. I know this will all of my heart. I am loving learning and becoming closer to my Savior each day. My teacher last night had us close our eyes and imagine that we walked into our visitor center and instead of the sister missionaries it was Christ giving us the tour leading us. That is who we are going to be for these people coming to the Battalion. We may be the only light of Christ they have ever seen and we get to be that instrument to help them get back to him. I am so excited to find those people! I cannot explain how happy I am to go to the Battalion Site. The church is true! Will you all focus your prayers this week on what you are thankful for and let your Heavenly Father know how grateful you are? I love you all. Keep Smiling Big! Talk to you in San Diego! Wahoo:)

Love, 
 Sister McKee



1 comment:

  1. such an awesome missionary, you are gonna do wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete