Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week #18: MB

Hey Family!!

             This week was such a great week, very eventful! We are so busy it is insane and we do not have enough time in our area right now, it is a good problem and crazy one! We love it though, it is the best work in the world to be a missionary and I cannot believe it is MArch! I hope Steven and Rachel had a fantastic birthday!! I saw the Ricks this week in Old Town, it was great to see them and weird as it always is to see people from a different life haha! Kevin and Emily Johnson also came this week with their kids, that was crazy and I was not expecting to see them! I sent a picture of us all! I love my mission. Sister Owens is doing so great! She could already train she is just loving life and really trying hard to be better every day which is a huge example for me. This week we went out to eat and there was a lady who was sitting by herself so we started talking to her and she was so nice and talked to us about her church etc.. We explained who we were and asked if she would like to learn more, she kindly said, " I have my own church but thank you have a nice day." We gave her a mormon.org card and offered a Book of Mormon that she declined. We went outside and sat down and about 10 minutes later she walked outside and said, " Hey I have a question for you.. Why do mormons dress so nice?" We started talking about everything after that! We read from the Book of Mormon and she loved the scripture and said, "Well I guess you are right, I better take this book." She was so nice and loved it and it was just a huge testimony of how people do not realize they are prepared so we get to help them! There were so many other amazing miracles with street contacts this week. Something that I love about being in a YSA branch is that the majority of our street contacts are not for us, but it is a way we get to help others receive people and that is so awesome. I love it! Matt our investigator that dropped us came to church on Sunday and wants to start meeting again! He is on fire now and he will be baptized soon I know it. I love Santee! Another miracle is that I lost my wallet last week when we were eating with a member at a restaurant. I had been talking to the owner about the church and ended up leaving it there when I left. I had no idea where it had been left and I just felt awful because I could not focus on that at all during our busy week and just kept praying for help to find my wallet. I kept feeling like I should not call anyone for a new card so I didn't and just kept doing work. I got a call yesterday from a girl in my branch and she said that her next door neighbor came outside and asked her if she knew me and showed her my license! It was a miracle! I talked to the owner later and he said that he kept feeling something tell him to talk to him neighbor and so he did it. It was amazing that I was able to testify to him that it was the holy ghost that told him to do that and I feel so blessed to have met him. He will be baptized one day! Miracles are everywhere and I wish I had more time to talk about all of them just know that the work is progressing here in California! Sounds like life is crazy for all of you too! That is awesome! Oh and also Sarah got baptized on Saturday! It was such a great baptism! She was so prepared and her baptism was packed! Well I better go but know that I love you all so much! Keep smiling and keep testifying of the truths that you know!!

Thank you for being a great family!

Love:

Sister McKee:)

PS: Sister Baker from Pocatello and her trainer Sister Dunaway  got into an accident on the interstate yesterday, they are doing okay but the car was totaled and mentally I think it has been hard on them! Keep them in your prayers! Thank you!! Love you all! Here are some pictures!


 Bowling with my companion



 Drying shoes after the rainstorm
 Giving a tour to Cousin Kevin and Emily and their sweet family!

 The Ricks-ps: If you can't tell I got a really bad sunburn this week..
 Sarah was baptized last Saturday!

 MB Sisters at lunch for Pday

 Street contact

The Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment