Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week #19: San Diego

HELLO!!!!!

    Happy Birthday to Peter!!!! Wahoo! Birthdays are so fun! What an amazing and busy week! Santee is on fire right now and we are seeing more and more miracles each and every day. I am so excited for everything that is happening at home! 2 baby girls and a baby boy when I get home wow  that is crazy!! Also Sounds like Destini had an exciting drive last week!:) REminds me  of when Angelee and I ran into the Garage when we were little! That is scary!! Tell Desi she is not alone! But I cannot help but laugh haha!   This week has been another week full of connections, I will add some pictures in the end!   We went on exchanges last week and I went Spanish speaking for a day! I absolutely loved it and I really am doing a lot better speaking it! I wish I had study time haha! Just kidding I know there is a reason I was called english and I love english work! It is nice to have both languages where there are so many hispanics though! Our assistant ward mission leader Brent told us about his friend that he met at school and wanted us to come meet her. We met her last week and we started teaching her. She is an amazing girl. She was in foster homes her entire life and finally someone wanted to adopt her and her brothers and then a while after they decided they just wanted her brothers. So back to foster homes she was finally adopted again and she said as soon as she turned 18 she was basically dropped from the family. It is crazy too because she is one of the nicest, most humble people that we have met. She says she just feels alone. She loved the message of the Restoration and she is currently reading and praying. She said she would get baptized when she knows it is true. Amazing girl. We have to pass off about 5 people this week that are just outside our area:( it will be hard, but we know that miracles happen with exact obedience! We have been street contacting like crazy and we send referrals off to other people every day. This week we actually ran into some YSA's on the street though and they are awesome! Dean and Derek, we are going to start teaching them this week. Another miracle with Amber. She refused to live the word of wisdom last week and said she wouldnt even try. Well we came back this week and she and she had a complete new mindset and we set up a schedule for her to give up her drugs, cigarettes and wine and she is on board!! She will be baptized in April as she stays on this track! We had temple shift last week and there was a man there names  Alesandro, we ended up teaching him the REstoration and the Plan of Salvation and he loved it! Sunday at the Battalion we had a 22 year old boy named Eduardo come inside. He said he would love to take a tour and as I got to talking with him he said that he drove past, saw the words Jesus Christ and knew he needed to come inside. He said " An unexplainable feeling told me that this is where I needed to be." I was able to give his tour and talk to him after, he has been part of a gang his whole life and he is ready to change and he felt something. Before I even brought up the idea of missionaries coming over he said, "Sister McKee, do you guys like teach people about your church? I think I would like to learn more about it and join." So the elders in the other YSA stake is starting to teach him MIRACLES! I feel like my mission is seriously going by so fast and it is really insane. Sister Owens is almost halfway done with her training! She is doing awesome! She is really training me haha she is such a sweet girl, crazy and fun! So we have a blast and work Very hard! Being at the Battalion is truly a test because we have the faith that our areas are watched over while we cannot be there half the time. We have so much work in Santee. We are hoping to get more missionaries in the branch! It will be a ward soon! We have almost 60 regularly attending now!!! YEY! Candice is doing so great too she is getting her temple recommend soon which is super exciting! We have Zone Conference again this week! Can you believe that I have been here long enough to have 2 Zone Conferences?! Crazy life! Well tell everyone that I love them so much! I get asked all the time about the Parrish family here when they know I am from Pocatello, I hope they are doing better and if you see them tell them I pray for them every day. I would love to write Jensen, could someone get me her email address?? She is a great friend of mine. Sounds like Angie is doing good at the MTC and having fun! That is good, mission is all about balance right dad? haha:) When is Aubs Jr. Miss? Will you record it para mi?? Gracias! Tell Kiki and Des to email me! I miss them! I love you all! Michelle, Mike, Jared, Scott and Steven and everyone!!! I would write everyones name, but that would start to be a whole other email haha! I just have the best family in the world! Thank you for being faithful and true so it makes it that much easier for me! I would love to see pictures of everyone too! Tell Britt and Jared thanks for the cute valentines card I absolutely loved it!!

Well, I better get going but know that I know this church is true and the atonement is real. He died not just for some of us, but for all of us and now we get to choose if we are going to use it and come back to our Heavenly Father or not. Keep Smiling always and Pray Daily- Read you Book of Mormon daily ( Even if it is just a verse) and go to church!! 

I LOVE YOU!!

Sister McKee:)




No comments:

Post a Comment