Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week #27: 6 months!!

Hello!!!

            First of all HAppy Birthday to Kirsten!!!!!! That is so exciting I love birthdays! And Congrats to all 4 of my brothers and sister in laws!!!! 4 babies this year?!?! Wow that is amazing and I am so happy, I cannot believe it! I am so excited for those babies, I love babies!!! :) It was so great to half way skype on Sunday. I felt like I hardly got to talk to any of you but it was so fun still!! Santee is on Fire right now! We had almost 80 come to church on Sunday and we have 13 investigators we are working with, the hardest thing is that we hardly have time to drive 30 minutes to our area and 30 minutes back every day with all the people we need to be seeing! We have been praying for some help and we just got transfer calls!! Santee YSA is no longer a Mormon Battalion area, it will be going full proselyting startingtomorrow and Sister Owens and I will be transferring to a complete new area which we find out tomorrow and transfer meeting!  We are shocked, devastated but more than that so grateful that Santee will be receiving the help it needs!! Santee will always be in my heart! We are going to be with the Zone today and say our last goodbyes in our area. We are picking up a new sister tonight who will be coming to our area with us tonight! Ton of connections last week which I wrote down and forgot the paper haha but A Crazy one I remember!! So a family came and the dad was born in Pocatello, they live in Corona and know the McDermotts there and Their son served for 6 months with Brennan Bell in the Dominican Republic!! It was so great! I took some pictures with them. Victoria is on fire right now, she has been making huge life changing changes haha.. She knows this gospel is true and she will be baptized, we will be excited to go to that baptism soon! In fact, she came with us on our temple shift last week and she brought her friend to the Mormon Battalion and we gave them a tour! So exciting! We are so sad to be leaving The Dalebouts the senior couple in our branch and the Littles. We are going to say goodbye tonight and share a last message! This work is amazing. Thank you for all of your encouragement and love! I am so lucky to be part of this family! 

                  So many changes will be made this week. I have been in my same apartment and area since the very first day I got to the mission and this will be good. I remember one of my leaders at BYU-Idaho part of student support would always say, " As soon as we get into our comfort zone the Lord knows what will take us out of it and he will make it happen." It is so true! My heart is in Santee and it is truly the promised land, but I cannot wait to learn and grow in my new area! Sister Owens is excited too! New adventures! well I love you so much! I was reading about Moroni today and how he was only 25 and yet he accomplished so much because of his faith. The Lord does not care about our age, but about the faith we have the the willingness we have to serve him. I love my mission and I love you all so much!! Keep going strong!! Mom looked amazing by the way!!! So great! I love you!!


Love, 

Sister McKee:)



No comments:

Post a Comment