Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week #13: San Diego MB

Hey Family!!

             I do not have much time to write, time is flying, but this week has been full of miracles!! We got a referral last week for a girl and we visited her and she said she did not even know what God was, we taught her and she is super solid. She is amazing. We asked her to read the introduction and she read the first 7 chapters of 1 nephi. She is going to be baptized February 23rd and is so ready and prepared. We taught the Plan of Salvation last night and she Loved it, but I guess who couldn't right?! IT is amazing!!!! So please pray for her! The members have reached out to her so well and she already feels at home and she hasnt even gone to church yet so church is going to blow her mind! We also had a member, Alyssa Larson bring her friend to church last week and he came again this week, we have been meeting with him in the mean time. He is catholic, but in Sunday School on Sunday( haha) Our teacher said, "What are some decisions that are hard to make in life?" Matthew raised his hand and said, " Telling my catholic parents that I am going to be mormon." It was the best, he is great and he will be baptized a week from Saturday! The 15th! Miracles! A less active we are meeting with has not been able to go to church because of work is going to come with us to one of our investigators lessons, this investigator comes to church every Sunday, but does not see the importance of Baptism and this Less Active is super solid in the church and wants to help us with her, but he struggled with not coming to church. Anyway, we feel super good about it and feel like they are going to fill in each others gaps as they help each other, we are excited for that miracle! This week my testimony has been strengthened regarding members. So many people have helped us. We met with a LA last week and her family is also less active and we had the most amazing lesson with them and everyone was in tears at the end. They all did everything to give us something after that. They gave us about 30-40 lbs of food that night and other necessities from their home. they also all went to church this week and that is the first time they have gone in over 10 years. We could see the gratitude in their eyes and the girl in our YSA branch loves it and she has been going to activities also! Miracles! We had temple shift this week and it was pouring so no one was there, we were studying at the tent we have and members just came by and dropped us off some granola bars and hot chocolate. It was so nice. I also had an orthodontist appointment this week and I got up to pay after and the orthodontist said, "You are good to go, do not worry about it" He was so Christlike and kind. It makes me want to be the best member I can be when I get home and help the missionaries out all of the time. And I appreciate referrals so much more! The church is truly amazing and so true. I had so many connections this week, I want to tell them all so you can tell people, I have to write them down now so I am just going to hurry and write my list! I met Elder Dietrich that knows the Lovelands and Koty Cook from Blackfoot!, Elder Grube who knows Tyler Teske and their family in Ashton! I met a woman at the Battalion who has a son that served with Jared in Perth. Timothy Glen. She was super sweet! I also met the mission president and wife in the Carlsbad mission- the Kendricks- who know the Andersons in NAshville really well and they were asking about mom and how she is doing. They are great. I also randomly ran into this lady at the church from Pocatello who is Michaela Figaroa's grandmother. Cody Christenson's parents came to the Battalion this week form Pocatello. At the temple I met a guy names Kirk Wooley who grew up in Pocatello and Inkom and knows the McNabb's really well, expecially Bill. The other people he was with also know the Andersons in our 2nd ward! So fun! I love connections. Well I have been reading a lot about faith this week and how we cannot have faith with unbelief. We have met with so many people that are set in their beliefs and are not open to a new idea and concept, so we have been challenging them to come to our lessons with an open mind in order to feel that faith and the spirit. I know you all can apply that to your lives as you doubt, remember that when we doubt we cannot progress! Ever! It is amazing how when we allow our minds to be open and allow the Spirit to speak to us, He will I know that to be true. I have so many more miracles to write about but my time is short!! I love you all though and we are working hard. I love my compainon, we are striving to be consecrated every single day and we have seen the miracles because of that. I love this gospel. It is true and here for us to use. Use the atonement! It is for YOU! I love you all:) Email me your missionary experiences!! 


Love, 


 Sister McKee


PS: Pictures of the LA family and the food they gave us - the mom just got done with having cancer, she is amazing!
And me with my branch president and wife at their home! They know Dallin Fisher really well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment