Monday, July 7, 2014

Week #34: July!!

Hey!!

            Happy July! Can you believe it is July?! Wow... That is amazing. Time is insane. 2 new babies!!!!! Wow Welcome to the family Caroline and Tanner!! The pictures look so great and how fun to have new babies the same day!! I cannot wait to meet them:) It has been another great week! Many emotions this week as President and Sister Clayton went home. We love them dearly and they will be missed, but just as dad always says when new people come in it is not good or bad just different and perfectly different for the needs at this time. President Schmidt and his family got here last Saturday! They have 4 kids who are so cute! David is 14, Tyler is 11, Ellie is 9 and Clayton is 6. Our zone was able to meet them yesterday and it was the most amazing thing to be a missionary when they were introducing themselves. So many memories came as you can all imagine. Our first day in Nashville was almost exactly like it. Kinda funny to because the assistants called me the night before and asked if I would sing a musical number and play the piano for the meeting. It was special to me because of all the times we sang together at missionary meetings as sisters. I miss that. It was a blessing that they asked me. The Schmidt's are so great and I already have a deep love for them. It is fun to have kids too:) They said they are going to come to P-days every week! Wahoo! Just like old times. Sister Schmidt asked my advice for her and the kids after I have experienced it. I told her to let her kids go to everything with missionaries! That is where I learned so much. Even on P-days! They will be a great asset here in San Diego. 
            Our ward is amazing! We had 7 nonmembers at church on Sunday. One of which was brought by our less active. We taught her and her friend that night and she is praying about a date to have tonight! Miracles. She is so ready to be baptized and she loves the gospel. She has been going through a lot. We will meet with her tonight. Adrian is on a great track to baptism. Just a few things to take care of which is good! He is so funny though! Gospel Principles class was so funny because our investigators teach each other and it makes us laugh. He made a comment and said to our atheist investigator ( Who has been coming to FHE and church for over a month now:) ) " How can you not believe in God man?? He is everywhere. We all just need to come together more and help each other as we believe in God, because He is real, that is all. Can you just imagine all of us believing in God holding hands in a space suit around the world?" HAHA We were dying. He is so awesome and funny. So prepared too. I had an awesome experience this week! I took a couple from Manchester England for a tour. At the beginning of the tour they said, "Wow Mormons are just so nice." And by the end of the tour they just kept going," Wow this is amazing and there is such a good feeling etc..." Well we started talking and they are from the Church of England but love history and were fascinated with the Book of Mormon. We talked forever and it was such a great conversation. They ended up going out to lunch with the Mormon Battalion Director, The Barnes and we sent missionaries this week. They loved their experience and left in tears. They told me that I have a place for them in England always and that I will forever be their, "American Daughter" It was so sweet. I sent you that picture with us. I LOVE THEM! I would love you to stay in contact with them. It is so exciting. 
            I ran into quite a few people this week. I hope I can remember them all. The Johnson's from Laketown knows Gary's family really well. They also said that they know the Seegmillers our last director. Gary - Do you know them too? If so tell them hi from me! That would be crazy! I cannot remember if you already told me that. There was the Gagnon family that came from Boise. Their dad used to teach seminary at Eagle and they are cousins with the Gagnon's in Pocatello, Keith and family. They also grew up in the same ward as Elder Huffaker! Super funny! Also Rachel and Joe Chandler from Nampa knows Seren really well and said she taught you in YW! They had the cutest baby! I told her you were pregnant! I also met Paul and Bonnie Titus from Idaho Falls who said they knew mom and dad! I hope I remembered everything. Patty gave the Rasmussen's money for me this week. Please tell her thank you. That was so nice of her and needed especially that day. It is amazing how when you need something the Lord will take care of you. Please tell Patty that was the biggest tender mercy. We also got fed by a member last week - Stacey who is amazing! She bought us each a pair of shoes and a shirt. It was so nice and they are so cute! I cannot even believe she did that. I love them too! If my camera starts working again I will take a picture! 
          I have such a strong testimony. I know this church is so true and that we are where we need to be for a reason. I know that I am learning every day and I am thankful that I am learning to rely more and more on the atonement every day. It is amazing how when people are struggling they accept the gospel so fast. I have thought about that and it is because they have truly humbled themselves so they are submissive to receiving an answer. The questions is whether we continue to be humble when times are good. That is the hardest. When life is going our way we find it hard to find a need to rely on the Lord. I challenge each of you to notice that this week when times are good and bad if you are humbling yourself. I definitely am working on that and you are all good examples to me of that so thank you all. I know the gospel has been restored. I know God is here for me and each of you specifically. He is in the details of our lives. Keep praying , reading and coming to church! Satan knows how to get us down and he is sneaky. I love you all so much! Keep me updated and I want to see these babies grow! Good luck Brittany if she comes this week! I am so lucky to be part of this family. Keep smiling and helping everyone. In our Mormon Battalion packet it tells us our first responsibility is to strengthen the testimonies of members and second to introduce the gospel to all who come into the battalion. Interesting right? As I have pondered this though I have realized that we are all in this together and we are missionaries to every single person no matter if they are atheist or have been LDS their whole life. Everyone needs us. I love you all and thank you for being such a great family. I hope Alisa is doing better and tell Josh congrats on the wedding! 


I LOVE YOU



Love, 

Sister McKee:)

No comments:

Post a Comment