Monday, July 28, 2014

Week #37: Hello Family!

 Congrats to Jared and Brittany! I cannot wait to see more pictures of that sweet girl! That is just so exciting! 3 new babies and almost 4. That is just exciting!! It also sounds like New York is such a blast! I love it there. It would be amazing to see the Newsies there. Part of my tour we talk about the Battalions march to Santa Fe and everytime I talk about it I think, "Sante Fe are you there..." Haha I love it. I miss the good old times with the cousins watching Newsies in Grandma's bed haha. Sounds like things are all going well and Destini is doing awesome!! Wow that is just amazing. She is going to be famous. Try not to buy anymore $30 hamburgers haha that is crazy! not even a cheeseburger haha! The Fishers came to the Battalion yesterday, Jan, Dallin and Amy and their families. It was so fun to take a tour with them. Jan showed me pictures that Rachel had sent her of baby Tanner! It made my day! I also took a tour with the Ulrich family from Farmington, UT who is neighbors to Dan and Lindsay Snell. It was funny how it came up because they said, "Oh we have a family who moved from Pocatello a while ago, but you probably don't know them.. Dan and Lindsay Snell!" Haha I was so excited to tell them they are my cousins. They said their girls had just gotten done with girls camp with Bailey on her first year. I can't believe she is that old! 
              We got a Ward Mission Leader this week. It was such a tender mercy. He is such a hard worker and ready to work. We are in contact every day and it has been 2 days and we can already feel the work progressing. It is amazing how drastic of an impact the WML makes on the ward. I was thinking about Scott and how great I am sure he is as Ward mission leader in Boise. That is great. We have such an awesome investigator right now haha. His name is Adrian. He is going to be baptized just has a few law issues first. He is hilarious though. He prayed last week and he goes, "Dear God.. This is Adrian speaking. I know it was you that sprained my ankle and I am thankful for it.. even the toe jam..." Haha it was so great!! Also he has Schizophrenia and the other day we taught about the holy ghost and he says, "Sisters.. I need to be honest with my doctor and tell him that I am going to be Mormon and because of that I am going to be hearing more voices than ever now." He is just the best. We have had about 3 members who have called us telling us they have a friend they want us to teach. That is a miracles because we all know that is the most effective way to do missionary work. 
                We had interviews with President Schmitt last week. He is amazing. It was a very sacred experience for me. He is definitely called here for a reason and many reasons, but I am so thankful he is here. I have already learned so much from him. Crazy Story from last week!! So we have been trying to contact this less active girl. Well we were on splits and her grandma came out and told us that she really wants us to come back, but to not come back when her boyfriend was there because he would not be responsive etc... Well we went back a couple days later and her and her boyfriend were there. The boyfriend was in the other room and she was talking with us. She said that she is ready to come back to church and that she knows it is true still ( She was baptized 5 years ago) Well halfway through her boyfriend came and sat down with us and we asked him some questions. He was very responsive. Then he says to his girlfriend,"Wait.. You are baptized mormon??" She goes "Ya. I was baptized 5 years ago.." and he goes." I am mormon! I was baptized when I was 8 but I haven't gone to church for a long time!" It was so crazy. They were both so excited and they committed to coming back to church. It is so crazy!! 
           Well we are just having a blast in Helix. We will be losing about 8 people in a month for school but we are building up the ward. I have been teaching another less active piano and lessons and his testimony has grown so much. He is coming to everything now! Miracles! Well I love this gospel, I have been really praying hard to be bolder with people. Sometimes I get too worried about pleasing people, but I know that you can still be bold in a Christlike way and that means that we love them while we are bold. I am striving to work on that and improve. I strive every day to be a better more consecrated missionary. I think of the assistants and missionaries in Nashville who were consecrated and such good examples to me. I wish I was more like them and I am trying every day. I love this work!! I do! I am definitely not the best but I am learning to become more like the Savior and improve every day. I love it. I know the church is true. I know that this is the only church we can make those sacred covenants here on the earth, because this is the Lord's church. It is His way and His authority. I love you all!

Keep being awesome. Go tell everyone in New York about the church! 

Love you
Sister McKee:)

No comments:

Post a Comment